If you live in a warm climate, chances are high that your crawl space may get humid due to lack of properly ventilation. There is no need to explain that dampness in this crawl space could turn the whole environment of your house into an unhealthy entity. Not to mention, this can damage your property and make the air unsuitable for breathing. It will be full of germs, allergens and dust mites, which are best to be avoided. This makes you think of installing a dehumidifier in your crawl space. We dedicate this post to the Best Crawl Space Dehumidifier Reviews And Guide. Feel free to read on.
What Is A Crawl Space Dehumidifier?
A crawl space dehumidifier can affect the whole health of your house. The dark conditions in these places along with moisture laden air can cause severe wreckage. This place may become a breeding ground of termites, insects and germs of all kinds. However, installing a dehumidifier in this area can solve all this in a jiffy. It is for you to decide, what would like to do.
Important Consideration Shopping For Dehumidifier For Crawl Space
As mentioned above, if you do not want to damage your property by any chance, then setting up a dehumidifier in your crawl space could be a good idea. It keeps you healthy and the air fresh, why not buy one today? In case, you are not sure what to look in a dehumidifier for a crawl space, then here are a few pointers that may help:
- Space – This is the first thing to know because unless you know how much of space requires dehumidifying, you will be able to buy a device. So, you need to calculate the cubic feet of your crawl space by multiplying length, breadth and height.
- Level of humidity – Use a hygrometer to do the needful and then decide on the model you may need to invest in. Find out if the level is moderate (3 air changes per hour), wet (5 air changes per hour), very damp (4 air changes per hour) or is extremely wet (6 air changes per hour).
- Unit – Make sure that the unit is CFM rated and is energy efficient. This will make it easy for you to manage monthly bills and keep your house safe both at the same time.
- Price – Another that plays a major role while buying anything for that matter is its price. You must have a budget and it must be a practical one. Just stick to it come what may. Do not overspend in something that you may not be comfortable with.
Reviews Of Our Top 2 Best Crawl Space Dehumidifier
As promised, here are two of the best crawl space dehumidifiers:
→ AlorAir Basement / Crawlspace Dehumidifiers
This is a high quality machine that ensures dehumidification at your convenience. Moreover, this makes use of Hot Gas Valve Defrosting System that defrosts the system when required. This aids it to run continuously and not to mention that this makes it last it longer. In addition, it should be added that there is no need to drain it, as it can drain automatically. If this interests you, then you have more on this in next section:
- Makes use of high end technology
- It has internal corrosion protection that minimizes Freon leakage as well
- It is a rugged machine that can drain 55 pints a day at AHAM (up to 2300 square feet)
- Has energy star rating that guarantees less energy consumption
- Designed for modern homes to dehumidify basement and crawl spaces
- This is very expensive and that seems to be only con that we could find with this one at least
→ Aprilaire 1830 Pint Whole Home Dehumidifier
If you stay in a hot and humid area, you must make sure that your family lives in safety. You will not want them to live with germs, allergens, microbes and insects to name a few. Hence, installing a dehumidifier in such locations is a must and if your house has a crawl space, then you must take special measures to keep it dry. The Aprilaire 1830 will help you reach this goal because:
- It can dehumidify up to 5000 square feet area
- It does its best to keep odors and pollutants at a bay
- This keeps you healthy and the air remains fresh in your home
- The health of your furniture, walls and floors also are saved
- In simple words, it reduces humidity and makes the air comfortable
- It has been engineered and manufactured in the US
- Very expensive as a dehumidifier
- Not all professionals may know about these dehumidifiers
This post about Best Dehumidifier For Crawl Spaces Reviews And Guide only makes one thing clear that a dehumidifier can only make it better for you. If you want to live in a safe and healthy atmosphere, then investing in one, at the earliest could be wise enough. It can tackle moisture and germs at the same time to make it livable for you. A quality dehumidifier can do wonders, as you will notice the odors have disappeared and the air becomes lighter to breathe. Overall, it keeps you happy and satisfied that your family stays safe. It does, as it matters most to us. So, go ahead and take a plunge!
Take a glance on the need of a bathroom dehumidifier today as preventing mold, allergens and other agents that rely on high moisture to survive is possible through the guide.