Commercial buildings are usually ventilated spaces and as such gives rooms for high moisture build up. If nothing is done in most cases can results into mold, mildew and allergens environments. In recent times, it has been discovered most storage rooms, industries, warehouses including offices humidity level sometimes goes beyond 60% level which is abnormal level. This is when the need of a commercial dehumidifier for humidity controls comes in to help reduce water flood industries. In views of commercial spaces moisture controlling, we’ve set up this post about Commercial Dehumidifier Purpose and Reviews for water damage restoration.
Commercial Dehumidifier Comparison Chart: Discover The BestAll things being equal, you'll discover the best dehumidifier for commercial settings through this chart as it will show you all their relevant details
After testing out 15 units, comparatively checked their capacity, features and top it all, costumer’s ratings and reviews, here is a small list of the best commercial dehumidifiers and their reviews:
Honestly, pretty is the word that first comes to your mind as you lay your eyes on it. The bright green color really makes it attractive, but at the same time, it is a rugged commercial dehumidifier that you will ever come across.
With a 233 CFM capacity, it can do wonders for any commercial space. Robustly equipped with digital features that enhances users needs. the features includes auto drain pumping, automatic restarting and hour counter.
This unit has temperature and relative humidity sensor, so you can get any job site off moisture with just one touch button press. As you work, also view unit operative via digital display for accurate settings and performance.
Removing water from water damage areas is more friendly using BlueDri BD-76-GREEN because it comes with handles and castors for easy moving around your commercial facility. Top it all, back up with 1 year warranty and a whooping 5 yrs warranty on the unit housing or body case. Here is more on this:
- Can operate within 33° to 100°
- It has a high efficiency compressor
- Looks really nice with the bright colors
- It is an affordable commercial dehumidifier
- Can remove up to 150 or 76 (PPD AHAM) pints a day
- It has a Rotational Molded Polyethylene Housing that makes it sturdy
- Has C-ETL-US Certification, which means it is economical speaking as per the rate of energy consumption
- The instruction manual is not very clear
- The buttons are not that intuitive, which could be a major drawback in this world
Dri-Eaz F203-A is an energy sufficient dehumidifier that lives up to what it promises. The Rotomolded polyethylene housing makes it a heavy-duty machine that can dehumidify and improve the air quality of a given place.
It can keep moisture, mold, mildew and germs at a bay. It has been certified by both UL and CSA for its performance.
Moreover, Dri-Eaz is a well known name in HVAC industry and has been serving ever since 1980. Below mentioned are few features that make it what it is:
- Electronic touch pad control
- Hot gas bypass for quick defrosting
- Can remove 64 pints of moisture a day
- Large wheels make it highly portable
- The display panel English, Spanish, German and French
- Recognized by ETL and NRTL, which means it is safe to use
- Is far more expensive than the others in this category
This is the ideal product for any commercial settings, with unmatched performance and multiple features you will be one happy user. The product may be priced high but it is worth every penny.
The device comes with very user friendly controls so even if you are a first timer, operating this will not be a problem at all.
The Portable Refrigerant has a reliable filter service, high COP and a powerful pump. All of these add to the powerful performance of the pump.
- Easy connection to cable
- Powerful condensate pump
- Very reliable system for defrosting
- The wheel on this device makes it super easy to move around
- Has an active meter that displays proper measurements
- The gadget has a sturdy handle for smooth transportation
- Can be used in commercial businesses like carpet mositure cleaning
- The Dehumidifier has a side plate made of stainless steel and also has coated coils
- Some customers have complained of minor malfunctions
In this commercial dehumidifier reviews, the Ebac dehumidifier is UNIT we also trust in to do the work of removing humidity in commercial environments. Built with heavy duty frame with high moisture extracting capacity and works even in low temperature below 30 degrees in the presence of high humidity.
Apart from industrial or commercial areas, we highly recommend the Ebac for basements sections and crawl spaces. This commercial grade unit removes 56 pints per day in high saturated humidity level of over 60% and above without it freezing up.
Operating this Ebac is as simple as remote system, equipped with humidistat for regulating humidity level so your working environment humidity don’t go beyond human comfort level. More so, has gravity self-drain option for continuous operation and this makes you reduce checking of unit every time.
The features of this commercial size dehumidifier also extends to “Hot Gas” functionality that melts frost build up and this is one of the reason we pick Ebac as one of one the best commercial dehumidifiers for water flood areas restoration. In addition, Ebac featured a galvanized steel chassis body which is coated with epoxy powder serving as an additional resilience for unit protection against moisture.
- Handles for quick movement
- Built with water resistant material
- Gravity continuous draining design
- Automatically defrost moisture build up
- Has legs that suspend the unit above ground level
- Collects only 56pints daily
- Has no wheels and so only can be move via the handles but no too heavy.
- Collects only 56pints daily
- Has no wheels and so only can be move via the handles but no too heavy.[/su_list]
ALORAIR Strom LGR Extreme 190PPD is another dehumidifier for commercial purpose and originally built to restore water damaged industry. The LGR model is a small sized, compact commercial dehumidifier ever produced by AlorAir brand. And this makes it easy to transport within different locations for drying restoration while saving space.
Most importantly, there is no limitation in areas where you can use AlorAir Strom. It is widely applicable in environments such as warehouse, storage areas, industrial institutions, shops and garages as well. If you’re facing humidity in the aforementioned places, AlorAir Water restorer is what you need to addressed the situation urgently.
This unit has moisture intake of 85 pints on daily use which is higher compared with the Ebac of 56 pints. In most commercial settings, high noise level is highly discouraged. However to dehumidify such environments you’ll need to a dehumidifier with a reduced noise level which is one relevant features inputted in this Alorair unit of <58 dB (A).
Furthermore, Alorair works in temperature of 33.8 to 104 degree Fahrenheit and also with a humidity range of 35% to 95%. With this climates conditions, the device can work effectively with no stumbling block from too high humidity or low temperature surroundings. More so, has a HGV defrosting system for breaking down of built up condensation.
Other operational friendly features includes pump for high pressure draining, automatic turn on/off for unit safety, complete water protection construction and coils covered with stainless side plate. In addition, units comes with G3 filter, drainage pipe and user manual for beginners.
- Restored water in flooded areas
- It is equipped with hands for easy movement
- Defrosting protects unit coil from water damaging
- Continuous mode operation via drain pump and hose
- Work in low temperature degrees and high humidity levels
- Produce lesser noise satiable for commercial working spaces.
- The price worth amount of money but less than $1,200
- It has not caster wheels and weigh 78 pounds which might be of concerned to some people.
If you’re looking for a commercial dehumidifier for a large area, we recommend Dri-Eaz Revolution LGR as the best unit according to our research and findings. The revolution is specifically manufactured for bigger spaces humidity extraction with a coverage square feet of 7000 range. Although, many units are in the market but certainly can’t replace this Dri-Eaz commercial dehumidifier regarding its pint capacity and design. What to understand, this unit comes handy for users to move effortlessly. Talk about dimension of 12.5 x 21.5 x 12.5 inches which occupies small spaces. And also weighs just 61 pounds and this account for it being carrying from one place without exhausting much energy. The handles also completes the transporting as you can quickly lift it and move to where high moisture areas of your surroundings.
One of the things we also discovered in the course of our researching is the low maintaining cost which will saves industries/commercial business owners a lot of bucks. All what is needed, routine dusting and cleaning, no additional thing required. We also find out that is unit regulate humidity level to RH% level for maximal tools efficiency and human comfort. In addition, current humidity and temperature can be view from a display screen to know if the unit is working correctly or otherwise. Although, price is one factor to consider but removing up to 17 gallon of water daily and protecting your business and human resources worth paying the price for than spend more after, in a situation of water damages.
- Made with durable water protection materials.
- Automatic restart after power outage.
- Built in pump and continuous drain hose included.
- The unit is back up with 6 years warranty and life time warranty on the polyethylene housing for peace of mind and operation.
- It is a bit expensive compared to other units discussed here.
- You need to carry it via the handles because it has no castors.
In case, you want to know why you would need a commercial dehumidifier, then you have reached the right place for all the answers. Here are few pointers that can help you understand them well:
- Commercial dehumidifiers are used to remove humidity from a larger space such as your garage, schools and manufacturing environments.
- If you are starting out and want your products to look fresh in the mist of high humid areas, then you must get one to reduce the level.
- In order to live in an office environment like a human, you must install an HVAC like this to get humidity controlled.
- If you want to protect your product in a humid climate, then this is a way out from the trouble.
What more could we say that this is a must have for anyone that has a warehouse. Nevertheless, the problem starts with the fact that most people do not know what they should look while buying a commercial dehumidifier. Don’t worry, as we have provided all the information you may need to find the best one for you.
- Build: Must be durable, as they will be serving for longer hours in comparison to residential ones. Ideally speaking, their body should be made of either high quality plastic or steel.
- Capacity: Should be able to remove 70 pints a day, but anything below 50 is also commercial as long as it is hard wearing. You are the best judge for this.
- Noise: These are commercial grade and they may be noisy to some extent, especially if you compare them to residential types but certainly there are models with reduced noise level.
- Humidity – Most commercial dehumidifiers can bring down the temperature to 35%, even if the outside temperature is 32 degrees C. So, you can guess how resourceful it will be for a warehouse!
One thing that we must add to this discussion is that of maintaining your dehumidifier on a regular basis. This is very important a thing and we thought it should be included in this very topic on Commercial Dehumidifier Purpose And Reviews. It is needless to say that proper maintenance will extend the life of your machine. So, why refrain?
Take a look at our best dehumidifier for crawl spaces while understanding what this type of dehumidifier can do for you.