Is your grow room or tent filled with high humidity? We have some best grow room dehumidifier and reviews for you. if your grow room dimension is 5 x5, 4 x 4, 2 x 2 size or larger, we’ve covered sizes here . Gardeners will tell you how temperature affects your indoor plants. Some people do not realize the importance of temperature in a nursery and they have to pay for it. It is not only about seedling, rooting or pruning, you must see to it that your plants grow in ambient conditions. Hence, maintaining humidity in your grow room must be looked into. This is why we took this opportunity to discuss the importance of dehumidifier in a grown room and Reviews in this post. In case, you are thinking about what should be a remedy to this, installing a dehumidifier could be a solution. For now, all we can say is that we request you to read this post until the end to get a better understanding of all this.
5 Best Grow Room Dehumidifier 2020 Comparison Table
What Is A Grow Room Importance?
A grow room (that is sometimes referred to as a grow tent) is an interior area that is used to grow plants, shrubs and gardening purposes. Some prefer to call it interior farming, but yes you must make sure that it remains properly ventilated for maximum yield. It must be added that it is not a greenhouse, as it is not completely sealed. You can dedicate your basement, garage, a spare bedroom or an empty space to a grow room. Actually, the term was coined from marijuana culture that saw this cannabis to be cultivated on rooftops. Nonetheless, times have changed and grow room refers to indoor farming in the broader sense.
Why Run A Dehumidifier in Grow Room?
The point is you don’t want your plants to die due to high humidity. That said you would want them to grow in a proper environment and aired accordingly. Besides, you will like to avoid your grow room from:
- Fungal growth
- Too much heating
- Bacterial growth
Looking at the outlined issues above, every gardener is advised to control humidity levels in the optimal level.
5 Best Grow Room Dehumidifier Review For Green Plants
1. Ideal-Air Dehumidifier, 170 Pint
This is beast of a machine as it can handle 170 pints a day and with 10.2 Amperes motor. In other words, this is a commercial grade dehumidifier that can be used for multiple purposes.
You can use it for your home, RV, grow room, basement, shop and even a boat to make it work. If this interests you, then here are some more details in it:
- It can produce you 170 pints per day with 86°F/80% RH
- It is a portable dehumidifier that can be carried around with ease
- The unit offers you with a range of 30% – 90% relative humidity
- Neatly marked digital display can help you with readings
- Has been listed with UL which means it does not bear down on your electricity bill
- The only con that we can record here is that of its price, yes it may way out of budget for some
2. Ideal-Air Dehumidifier, 80 Pint
Not just another dehumidifier from Ideal, but this happens to be a safe option for as well. Ideal is a leading brand when it comes to indoor climate management. This dehumidifier comes as no surprise to us from the house of Ideal as a result. It can help you with 80n pints a day at 86°F/80% RH. Has a 6.9 Amperes motor that is powerful enough to serve your home, office, grow room, shops, RV or a boat. Here is more on this:
- Has two functioning modes, one is Normal and the other being Turbo
- Comes with an LED display that can get started with a touch
- Easy to clean filters and you can check on them
- The water tank is removable
- It has a simple design
- Listed with UL and that implies it does not hog on electricity at all
- Backed by 1 year warranty
- The white color may be a tad difficult to maintain, other than that there hardly any problems with this one at least
3. Perfect Aire 1PACD150 Damp2Dry Commercial Dehumidifier
Perfect Aire provides you with a lot of cooling and dehumidifying solutions. Moreover, these cooling systems are not as expensive as a centralized cooling system. In the same way, Damp2Dry is a commercial standard dehumidifier that makes your life easy. It offers you with efficient dehumidification and more:
- It looks very attractive in the bright blue color
- Operates within 41-95°F in extreme cases
- Prevents formation of mold and mildew
- Can work continuously to reduce humidity in a given room
- Has a soft touch digital display
- Most importantly, it has a space saving design
- Semi pneumatic wheels do not scratch your floors
- Has disaster restoration facility
- Is listed with CETL US, which is a mark of quality
- Very efficient as it needs minimal power for working
- Backed by a 30 month worry free warranty with full replacement (workmanship)
- The warranty does not stand for commercial use and that may not sound fair
4. Frigidaire FAD504DWD Energy Star 50-pint Dehumidifier
This is also a wonderful unit for grow rooms. Particularly if you’ve a larger grow room of 5×5 tent and you want to empty out condensation with a high power unit then never hesitate to check this Frigidaire FAD504DWD.
This grow room dehumidifier features a continuous drain option. You don’t have to bother about emptying collected moisture. Just set the continuous drain option up by connecting a garden hose to it. It also has large tank capacity that can be emptied manually if you decide to go with that.
Since your plants needs a good amount of water to grow well, there is an auto humidistat that regulates and control humidity in the right level to favors plants crops growth. It comes with users friendly features that makes working with the unit an effortless one. These features includes an indicator that informs users for full tank. More so equipped with filters that traps allergens from your grow room atmosphere while also preventing bad smell around the room.
- Ideal for large grow rooms
- Empty moisture directly with a drain house option
- Regulate moisture level that ensure your plants are growing well
- When compared with unit for 4 x 4 grow room spaces, we can said it is expensive. Although may not be a concern since it’s for a large space
5. COSTWAY Portable Energy Star Dehumidifier
If the size of your grow tent is approximately 4 x 4 in square meters then, we can say this unit is one best dehumidifier for such space. But if the area is bigger, then fall back Frigidaire FAD504DWD. Costway comes in a small and elegant design with impressive features for any modern grow tent. The 4 castors installed in this device allows you to move it around within your plant room with ease.
This unit has 3 speeds setting from high, moderate and low for you to control the rate of moisture intake. Also features 8 liter tank capacity for manual appreciate. However the drain hose option makes a difference for continuous operation. As small grow tent dehumidifier, can only takes 30 pint moist air in 24 hours. Most relevantly has features like full bucket alert, timer settings to control unit daily operation cycle and washable filters that removes odor causing bacteria from grow rooms. There are many anesthetics that makes up this unit one of the best dehumidifier for grow rooms. In a nutshell, we’ll summarize the details in forms of pros and cons below
- Different speeds level
- Front bucket design with handle
- Filter traps bad smelling odors
- Two method of disposing (manual or drain hose) water
- Not for large growing tents
How to lower humidity in grow tent
Generally, wisdom call that any grow room owner needs to water their plants to survive and do better. But wisdom is also profitable to direct, meaning that you should not over water your plant because it would leads to high moisture settlement. Also, since in a grow tent, there is little or no ventilation gives rooms for humidity to build and high amount of it is not good for plants. However, if your grow room humidity is too high, the best advised is for you to dehumidify. We recommend our comparison chart for you to pick the appropriate tent size unit for this need.
Where to place dehumidifier in grow room
Every gardener grow rooms layout or arrangement may not be the same. Thus recommending where to place your dehumidifier in the room may not be feasible in most people grow tent. But that doesn’t mean you should place it anywhere. If there is a central location in the growing tent, that can be a good area to place for it. But if your case is not feasible as mentioned then you need to figure out the most appropriate place for even collection of moisture.
How to dehumidify a grow room?
To do this, you’ve to purchase a recommended dehumidifier for your grow rooms according to size. You must ensure that the right unit size is purchased. This video will give you an insight about it.
Grow room tent sizes and dehumidifier recommendation
- 5 x 5 grow room: Frigidaire FAD504DWD
- 4 x 4 grow tent: COSTWAY Portable Energy Star
In short, this conversation about The importance of dehumidifier in a grown room and Reviews, we have learnt that your garden center should not be let down due to poor air circulation. You are getting into this because you love gardening and like all of us are passionate about it. Give your plants no reason to complain and they will not disappoint you. Your plants will fructify well, if this was the main motto of your gardening. If you have taken up gardening as a profession, this will capitulate even more. Hope we have answered all your queries today in regards to dehumidifiers and grow rooms. Do share your views with us through the comments section.