Though the bathroom is a place where humidity is found but constant humid condition is not good. This can create bad odor in the bathroom and molds and mildew appearing on walls including discoloration. As moisture continues to pile up in your bathroom there will be tendency of vapors escaping into your living room and bedroom. Overtime your entire house humidity will go bad making you feel uncomfortable in the midst of allergens that can make you sick. To avoid your home and health being affected by high humidity, installing a dehumidifier in your bathroom can help reduce the level. The best bathroom dehumidifier need to be understood. Particularly the size should be something that won’t require much space inside the bathroom. It should also be weightless for easy hanging on the wall or a flat surface.
6 Best Small Bathroom Dehumidifier 2020 Comparison
What Will A Dehumidifier Do In Your Bathroom
This appliance is machine that can control the moisture in any given environment. Understanding the following things below will give you an insight to what a dehumidifier in bathroom can do.
- Your house becomes free of allergens, mold, mildew and harmful microbes like bacteria and fungi which are caused by excessive moisture.
- Too much humidity can lead to skin irritation and respiratory problems in some individual thus this device will be beneficial in controlling vapor.
- It decreases the musty smell in your house and makes the air breathable
- It can lower the cost of your energy bills because it assists air conditioners to run efficiently
How To Pick The Best Bathroom Dehumidifier
In order to purchase the right dehumidifier for your bathroom, there are few things that needs to be considered. This section however covers the details and we believe with this information, picking a dehumidifier today is possible.
First and foremost, measure the humidity levels in your house or room that you want to dehumidify. You can achieve this with the aid of a hygrometer but if you don’t’ have one then find one here with ease.
The next step, calculate or determine the area of the bath room. Apparently, small bathrooms size is generally around 150 square feet and this is equivalently 1,200 cubic feet size.
After arriving at the above answer, your budget should be the next consideration. Generally bathroom dehumidifiers are not big size units and so with less than a $100 (hundred dollars) you can choose an efficient unit.
If you are able to come up with a friendly budget range, we can now advise you to check for products with warranty. This will give you peace of mind running your dehumidifier with confidence.
Another important factor, look for energy star dehumidifiers so that you can dehumidify more and payless on energy bills.
Top 6 Best Small Bathroom Dehumidifier Reviews
1. Afloia Dehumidifier for Bathroom
This dehumidifier can keep your bathing room free of germs, allergies, odorless and safe for breathing. As such it is an ideal unit for people suffering from high moisture in their bathroom. This run with super quiet noise level and the small look is an award winning design for small bathroom dehumidification.
- Energy efficient
- Nice for office, small rooms, living room, bathroom, kitchen and more
- Compact and portable size
- Has a 2 liter tank that is competent enough
- Can absorb 26 ounces of moisture a day in 86 degrees F with 80% RH
- It is an eco friendly machine that needs less of your attention
- May not work well if kept in a lower position, but if placed on a higher platform, it can work better, so needs positioning
2. InvisiPure Hydrowave Dehumidifier
This can also protect you from mold, mildew and bacteria. This uses Peltier technology for dehumidification that can effectively remove the much dreaded moisture from your air. It can take out up to 27 ounces of moisture per day. You can find out more about this machine in this section:
- This is a compact dehumidifier that is easy to store
- It is portable, which means you can lug it around
- It is light weight and weighs only 5.7 pounds
- Is safe to use, as the tank can taken out effortlessly
- The tank can auto shut off, when it is full
- You can even connect the tank to hose for further clearance
- Backed up 1 year of warranty that makes it authentic
- Makes a swooshing sound, which may be acceptable, but is still annoying
3. SIX by SIX Dehumidifiers for Home Mini Electric
This SIX by SIX is one of the smallest bathroom dehumidifier featured in this discussion. It can power a space of 269 square feet bathroom and has the ability of extracting 24oz per day. It featured a tank size of 64 ounces and the reservoir capacity can collect moisture for 3 consecutive days before it get filled. This invariably means fewer empting of tank. In addition, the 40dB overall sound level is another spec that makes the 6 by 6 dehumidifier wonderful to run at night peacefully without disturbance.
This machine has an automatic shut off that turns the unit off for full tank while the LED indicator reminds you to empty the unit tank. It boast of low energy consumption, as such no high bills associated with this device usage. Most relevantly the tiny design allow for easy carriage from bathroom to other section of the house for use. It’s also an environmental friendly device making it safe to use anywhere. Furthermore, back up with 2 year warranty and user manual that depicts how to use the machine.
4. Pro Breeze Electric Mini Dehumidifier
Pro Breeze is another dehumidifier we recommend for bathroom use. It comes with exotic features that makes it adorable for bathroom humidity control. User’s ratings and reviews place Pro breeze high among competitive units and couple with our reviews below, this mini dehumidifier maybe the best for you.
- Compact Size: It comes in small and lightweight design that’ll let you pick with just one hand placing it on any suspended height in your bathroom.
- Moisture Capacity: Although small but powerful enough removes up 9 ounces of moisture/day. And it’s perfectly for bathrooms of size 150 square feet (1,200 cubic feet). If the size of your bathroom is within the aforementioned feet or coverage area then this Pro Breeze electric dehumidifier maybe what you are looking for.
- Noise Level: Even though your bathroom is not a place where you spend long time but that shouldn’t mean it should be noisy. For this reason, Pro breeze electric dehumidifier is equipped with ultra-quiet technology and that makes it to work in whisper operation.
- Automatic Shut Off: This unit needs no monitoring at all. Just turn it on and leave it. When tank is full, Pro breeze turns off. Also the LED light starts illuminating for you to drain the tank. You can then gently remove the tank, empty it and replaced again.
In summary, Pro Breeze electric dehumidifier is efficiently optimal in smaller bathrooms. Operates with an optimal temperature of 59 to 86 degree Fahrenheit. However, can’t work well in temperature below 41 degrees. Fully automated settings with low power consumption.
5. hOmeLabs Small Space Dehumidifier
This dehumidifier has helped many people to tackle problems such as molds, mildew and odor reduction that arises from too humidness. However those who often notice all the mentioned things in their bathroom are in the closet of health related problems. High moisture rate inside your bathroom is the causes of them and you need to remove it as soon as possible. However, hOmLabs is dedicated to dehumidify bathrooms giving you result within a space of time. You can take look at the relevant features of this device below:
- Design: Not disputing the fact, hOmLabs dehumidifier is of the same size with that of the Pro breeze and as such makes it ideal for bathrooms with little space. The entire unit only weighs 2.6 pounds. Also the dimension is approximately 6.5 x 5.3 x 85 inches and this will perfectly occupy a small size bathroom.
- Energy Efficient: If you don’t want to spend much on dehumidifying bills, we suggest you pick hOmlabs. It is energy efficient and ETL certified.
- Pint Rate: As a small device, you may not expect much pint power capacity. But nevertheless, you’ll get up to 9 ounce of moisture removed from your bathroom. And the collected moisture will be settle into the tank which you can manually pour out later.
- Auto Shut Off: Is it safe to use hOmlabs? Definitely, this dehumidifier is safe for bathroom humidity removal. Has auto turn-off function that turns the unit off on full tank. Also, there is a LED light that remain on display indicating time to dispose condensation.
- Sound Level: From our findings and users feedback, hOmlabs bathroom dehumidifier runs quietly even ideal for night use.
In summary, we recommend it for a maximal coverage area of 150 square feet. Apart from using it in your bathroom, you can as well use it for small bedrooms, and other small sized rooms.
6. Ivation IVADM35 Powerful Mid-Size Thermo-Electric Dehumidifier
Out of the box, Ivation is ready to dehumidify to subdue allergies and molds problems that brings worries every time you enter the bathroom. It is not only meant for bathroom, you can use it anywhere like in your basement, boats, attics etc. but the space should not exceed 2,200 cubic feet.
Ivation IVADM35 take out more humidity up to 20 ounces per day compare to the Pro breeze and hOmlabs with 9 ounce capacity. There is no moving parts in this unit, therefore very quiet in operation. At full capacity, a light display comes up and immediately turns off waiting for draining.
It comes in medium size featuring a dimension of 9.6 x 14.1 x 7.2 inches and overall weight of 6.4 pounds. This means easy picking up for humidity removal anywhere.
- Small size
- Turns off itself
- Large tank capacity
- A bit expensive than most units discussed here.
As mentioned above, we have tried and tested these products, but, yes, we have not tried all the products in the market. In fact, we know that is an impossible task, so we picked up what sounded like the best in this Bathroom Dehumidifier Importance And Reviews. Hope you have liked our endeavor so far and will support us in future as well.
Don’t leave in a hurry, here is what you need to know about grow room dehumidifiers for those who do indoor planting. You can also check out this guide why it is important to run a dehumidifier in your garage park.